11.12.16

Yard decorations - a horseshoe ball!

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen pictures of our new horse shoe ball. It’s essentially just a big ‘ball’ made from old horseshoes that have been welded together. I think it measures 80cm x 80 cm which means it's pretty big!


Mum got the inspiration for it from seeing two smaller ones at a yard where we have been for training sessions a few times. They had been painted gold and had been placed on top of small tree stumps at the entrance of the outdoor arena and they looked SO beautiful. As the entrance to our outdoor arena is on a slope we decided to go for one bigger one that could be placed on the top the ‘rock wall’ that we have in our garden (see pics!) If we ever were to move I would love to have it near the outdoor like they did, and maybe paint it silver? 




Once winter properly arrived, it now looks even cooler especially once we had put the christmas lights on it! The snow on it just makes it look magical ✨✨✨ Leo Muje created ours in Finland, but if you google horseshoe ball I’m sure you’ll find someone to create one wherever you are! (e.g. I'm pretty sure most farriers would be very good at this!)

What do you think? Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so cool and everyone whose seen it now wants one, haha!

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love that!! I had a miniature but almost identical coffee table decoration made out of resin and always loved it (until my cats smashed it haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty cats!! Because this is so big our cat hasn't managed to knock it over but if it was smaller I can imagine him trying to!

      Delete