2.4.17

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

"Brighter than a lucky penny, when you're near the rain just disappears dear and I feel so fine just to know that you are mine. My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows"  ☀️🍭 🌈
Since the training sessions that I talked about in my last two blog posts, riding both boys has been so much fun! It's not been easy, we've actually had to all work quite hard doing the exercises that Jane recommend to us and it's had a massive impact on how well both of the boys are moving. Vallu has been on fire 🔥🔥🔥 every time I've ridden him and we've had a couple of spooks but thanks to my better and stronger seat I have felt SO much more comfortable dealing with these, and because I feel more confident Vallu is able to relax and let me call the shots. Doing travers every ride has improve his trot in such a short period of time that I'm astounded (or at least I think he looks better in these pictures that before!) I have even managed to have good rides on him with just a snaffle on, instead of his double bridle finally, thank god!!! 🙌🏻




Whilst some people love training over the winter, I just majorly lose interest in it. I still want to ride, but I don't really focus on anything or have any specific goals in mind. Now that spring is getting closer and closer, I can feel myself finally getting back to normal and wanting to improve with every ride. Over the winter I've not been in the right frame of mind to start working on fixing things up for both of them, instead I've let them both do what they want and riding has been purely just to keep them fit (ish...) and stop them going insane. Now I can feel both of them are ready to work with me because I'm in the right frame of mind to ask for more and to help them so that neither of them feels our of their depth and without guidance. Isn't it funny how after a week of being more 'authentic' and positive as a rider, both of my boys are like "yeah lets go!" when I tack them up, like they are really looking forward to doing work? 🤔
I'm a lot in love with the new Anky

No comments:

Post a Comment